Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I hope this morning translates in print


Today was a great day! I woke up this morning and first thing refreshed! I was surprised because I didn't really get any sleep at all. Mamaw and Papaw asked if Victoria could spend the night last night and I of course said "SURE". I spend the entirety of my evening with her gone saying to myself "You should be productive!........... Lay down! .....................Why don't you get something done?....................... Take a nap! ................................I should just get that load of laundry folded....................Take advantage of the quiet house and rest!" Well I eventually realized that I had been doing all of this talking to myself while parking my behind on the couch so I might as well stay there. So American Idol was watched and I have to say so far not impressed!


Ok so on to what I hope translates in print. I woke up this morning to the babies toy that was purchased with Christmas money from Aunta Kathy. It is basically baby TV that you attach to the side of the crib. It plays music and has lights and what not. Well there is a button on it that is in the shape of a crescent moon that you can push and it activates the toy and a light show appears on the ceiling and music starts. The music alternates every time that you push it from a very soft soothing voice of a woman saying "Its bed time" then a song and then the next time you push it she says "It's lullaby time" then the next time that you push it music plays and then crickets chirp. (By the way sorry about the long drawn out back story but you will understand why in a bit) I awoke this morning to this toy saying "Its bedtime, It's lullaby time, music, chirp, It's bed, It's lullaby time, music for 2 notes, chirp chirp chirp, It's be, It's lull, music (4notes) and then one chirp, and It's, It's, chirp chirp. " I am not typically a morning person anyway and I couldn't figure out what in the world was going on with this toy. I just changed the batteries a week ago and they couldn't be low by now. So I go and investigate. Anthony, my dear son, has woken up become upset and kicked his feet and threw a fit so much that he has scooted himself into the corner of his crib where this toy is and is belly down pushing his forehead into the little crescent moon button over and over and over! He is purple madder than anything and trying to scream at the top of his lungs. He has lost his voice from crying he is quite temperamental these days. So here is my son barely squeaking a sound out a nice shade of crimson and violet and pushing his head into this toy that is just as confused as he is making all kinds of racket. I just don't' know what I am going to do with that boy.


I got him and his sister fed and headed to Travis and Marlina's to drop them off while I went to my counseling session. GOOD session. I am learning alot! I headed back to Marlina's and we went walking around her neighborhood. We walked 2 miles and I can't begin to tell you how good it felt to be outside. It was freezing today about 30 degrees but it was great. I picked up Victoria and she was an angel today after being at Mamaw and Papaws (not always the case) While we were eating dinner she turned to me and said "Hey mom you know what we can do when we get done eating?...Play Sugarland!" Although one of my favorite groups I am sure they don't have a board game. I pulled down CANDYland and she beat my butt again! We headed off to church and then back home to fold those clothes that I put off folding the night before. Tonight was a very very special night for Victoria. She has been trying to learn how to fold socks. This is something that we have been working on for a while now. Tonight for some reason a light just went on above her head and she got it on the first time. She was beaming with pride! I was so proud of her. So I of course had to grab the camera to document the big event.

No comments: