Friday, January 18, 2008

My new son!

Yesterday I had reached my emotional breaking point with Anthony's arching and screaming. This past week he has been in so much pain. I called the doc after calling James and mom crying about my inconsolable son. I felt so helpless. There is no feeling like not being able to give comfort to your kids. One of the docs had an opening and we rushed in so that we could make the appointment. It was a doctor that I haven't been to before in the practice and he was AMAZING. He said the same thing that the other docs said about the acid reflux and constipation being the culprit. He changed his medicine and told me to get him some Karo syrup. He took his time and answered all of my questions. I love my pediatrician!

This morning I awoke to a brand new Anthony. After I gave him his new medicine (which is quite an adventure to give him let me tell ya that is a whole post in itself) he was a brand new boy. I put the syrup in his bottle and five minutes later he was bouncing off the walls. The sugar rush post has nothing on the sugar rush he gets from Karo syrup. He was soo happy and giggling and smiling non stop while kick- kick- kicking. He had 3 dirty diapers (the first ones in almost 3 days) and he felt great. He only arched once today and for the first time fell asleep in his bouncy seat straight up and not flipped backwards like he used to. I am so thankful. I even called the office to tell the doc thank you for giving my son peace. My prayers have been answered. I am curious to see if tomorrow will be the same. All I know is Anthony and I have been waiting a long time for a day of smiles and no screaming.

No comments: