Saturday, August 2, 2008

Vanity

Today we are celebrating my sister's 40th Birthday! Happy Birthday Sis! I had the babies, Victoria, and Brooklyn by myself until Daddy got home so I decided once I had everyone ready to go that we would head to Home Depot, you know it is the first Saturday of the month. Brooklyn got a kick out of making a flag pole stand for the Olympics with Victoria. Anthony studied his sisters as they hammered away.

We still had an hour before my sister's party and Brooklyn needed to go school supply shopping and I jumped all over it. I have ALWAYS loved getting school supplies. We headed to Meijers and loaded up. Brooklyn was pushing the "stuff" cart and I was pushing the babies. It is quite different now that Anthony is in his big boy car seat (the other is on the way for Addison) because he likes to play with sissy's toes sticking up out of her infant seat in the bottom of the cart. Victoria was in the need of some panties so we headed to the little girl department. Victoria was showing me all of the panties that she wanted then all of a sudden she saw High School Musical panties. She got so excited the she yanked them off of the hook and whipped her head around to show me and poked her eyeball, that is right I said eyeball, on the hook and scratched her eye. Not as bad as it could have been but enough to make me cringe a little when I saw it.
She ,of course, was upset and once I calmed her down we headed to the check out. I grabbed her a bottled water from the cooler at the front and had her hold it on her eye. I was proud of her considering what happened if it had been me I would have been freaking out and a total mess. Once she calmed down she was fine.
We paid for our stuff and my whole crew headed out towards the door to leave. Picture this.....Brooklyn behind me with a cart full of school supplies, me pushing a cart with Mr. Serious Anthony sitting in the seat of the cart, Addison chilling in her infant seat in "cargo area" of my cart and Victoria holding onto my cart with one hand and a water bottle with the other holding it to her eye. I was worried about her eye and risk of infection and what not when Victoria turned to me and expressed to me what she was most worried about..."(Sigh) Well Aunt Punkin can't see me like THIS!" Vanity oh vanity, I just don't know where she get's it. (wink)

No comments: