Sunday, August 10, 2008

Wonderful Weekend!

James and I took the babies and Victoria to see Uncle Frank and his wife Shae while they were camping. They were at Ceraland up by Columbus In. It was so nice! They had all kinds of stuff to do there, Putt Putt, shooting range, golf course, driving range, 3 pools, paddle boats and even an on site gym. We had a ball.


Anthony getting swallowed in Uncle Franks camping chair.


Victoria, Mamaw, Shae and I took advantage of the paddle boats. Victoria was really excited about going until we got into the boat and she noticed a spiderweb on her seat. That freaked her out. She just spent the whole time staring at the water as if a shark was going to get her. I had to hold her hand from the front seat of the boat to help her feel safe, so not only was my legs tired from all of the paddling but my hand was asleep too.


Addison not losing sight of that spoon!

After the boat ride we headed back to have a hot dog. Is there anything better than a campfire hot dog? The babies enjoyed all of the attention while we ate. We had them set up in their baby fence with a sheet over half of it to protect them from the sun. They enjoyed the fresh air.



Victoria and I headed off after lunch to the pool. She was very excited it was just her and I and I even let her sit in the front seat on the way (a VERY big girl thing to do). They had a separate area for the little ones that only had a foot of water in it complete with a jungle gym. She went down the slide at least 50 times and pulled on the ropes that released buckets of water on top of her head. I enjoyed watching her and having her come up to me every 5 minutes to say "OK mommy you just stay here and rest I am going to be in the water 'por' the rest of the day!"

The night came to a close with grilled pork chops and corn on the cob. YUMMY! We watched Big Brother 10 in the motor home and called it a night around 10:30. It was nice to get away from home, pretend camp with the kids and not have to pay for the campsite. Thanks Uncle Frank!

Is it obvious that corn on the cob is one of my other favorite foods on the grill?

No comments: