Thursday, August 14, 2008

"You mean I can get money for that?!?!?"


I forgot to mention something really funny about yesterday. James and I have been having a struggle with getting Victoria to keep her fingers out of her mouth. Poor thing only has 8 teeth in her mouth that are hers as it is. She is constantly sticking her fingers in her mouth and pulling on her teeth. James and I have talked till we are blue in the face saying that if she doesn't quit she is going to pull what teeth she has left out of her mouth.


About 2-3 weeks ago I noticed one of her teeth was starting to wiggle quite a bit. So I have been on her ALOT to leave it alone. Yesterday morning she was caught with her fingers in her mouth. I repeated the same line "Victoria keep you fingers out of your mouth or you are going to pull your teeth out!" Her face immediately changed. I knew. I asked her to open her mouth and sure enough she was missing a tooth.


After finding out when she finally succeeded in getting it out I asked her what she did with it. She told me that she threw it away. Victoria has a very sneaky when she does something that she isn't suppose to like any child. I can't count the toys that I have found under her bed broken. I would have to say "She can't find it I can't get in trouble would be her official motto" I knew I had the perfect plan to stop the throwing away of the teeth.....THE TOOTH FAIRY!


I explained the idea of the tooth fairy to her and when I got to the part about putting your tooth under your pillow and the tooth fairy leaving you money her jaw dropped to the floor and tears started rolling. She was devastated! I do believe instead of hiding the fact that she lost a tooth from dad and me and throwing the tooth away that she will come clean immediately just to make sure that the tooth fairy gives her some "Jesus Money".


P.S. I found the tooth in a napkin on top of all of the trash. I had to save her first lost tooth, regardless of the situation.

No comments: