Tuesday, October 16, 2007

In the still of the night

It is 9:30 and the house is calm and quiet. Victoria went to Mamaw and Papaw's house to play today outside and to ride her bike. Papaw called about 2 hours after coming to get her to see if she could spent the night I eagerly said yes. Victoria and I needed a break from each other. I needed a break from a question every 30 seconds and she needed a break from a tired mommy that had to take care of her brother and sister too. It is nice and we always feel refreshed when we get that break. We love each other to death but the house gets very small when mommy doesn't work. Plus I needed to watch the DVD set of The Office that my friend loaned to me. I love me some Steve Carell when I want a good laugh to unwind.

I decided to take the time to get out of the house a bit and go with the babies to Hobby Lobby I was needing to get purple balloons for Victoria's costume and I needed to get them without her around so I didn't hear "Are we going to blow up my balloons?" a thousand times before Sunday. God love her she just gets soo excited. Let me just say one thing about Hobby Lobby their carts are toooo small for 2 reasons. One you can't fit all that you want to buy in it and two you can't fit 2 infant seats. So I had to strap one baby on (this time Anthony) to my belly with his backpack carrier and put Addison in the cart in her seat. Poor Anthony's butt kept bumping into his sisters seat as I was pushing the cart, my arms are only so long to push and distance myself and Anthony from the cart. It eventually woke him up in the Christmas ornaments but he was good I was surprised he didn't cry. He just looked around and took it all in. I think the funniest part was coming in the door of the store. For some reason the check out area was packed and I could hear people saying "Oh bless her heart she is having to carry one on her chest and one in the cart" I just looked up and smiled at everyone wanting to tell them there would be no extra charge for the entertainment. All of that for 4 dollars worth of Purple balloons.

No comments: