Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Nesting after the birds are born & bath time bonding

I feel really good about today. I decided to get into some closets and cabinets and organize. I didn't really get a chance to nest any late in my pregnancy because of "bed rest" and it really bothered me. I typically am not an organized person. My house is usually messy in some way or another. I feels great after months of sitting on my butt and watching my mom help maintain my house (as nice as that was) to being able to do it myself. I enjoy cleaning when I get in the mood and become pychotic about it when I get in the zone. I cleaned out our pots and pans cabinet so I might be able to find something to cook in when dinner time comes and did some serious work in Victoria's room in her closet and toy box ridding her of clothes that she isn't able to wear anymore and toys that are broken or missing parts. Of course this was done while she played in the living room not aware of me throwing things in garbage bags with a smile on my face.



I made a concious effort to spend some quality time with my kids today and not just concentrateing on a schedule or projects too much. I took Victoria outside today and played tea party with her. My mom got her a really neat shiney and sparkly tea set at teh store last time we was out. She was actually the one that started the whole tea party play last time she stayed at her Grandma Harb's house. My mom's name is actually Barbara or so we think, (that one is for you Aunt Kathy) and when James and I started dating I tried to get the girls to call her Grandma Barb well Victoria just came out with Grandma Harb and it has just stuck. She even called my dad Grandpa Harb once in the middle of Meijer's.



After bonding with Victoria for a bit it was time to again feed the babies. I recieved a bath time kit from a client of mine with bedtime bath lotion, soap, and massage gel. I decided to go online and research infant massage. I tried it out on the nursery floor and decided that infant massage time in the Craig house would be called "Let's pee on mommy while she is trying to relax us." It went over GREAT. They didn't fuss at all and seemed to really enjoy it I just need to make sure that the room is a little warmer and I have a towel close by.



After bath time I laid them both in Anthony's bed and let them rest. I came in to find them just staring at each other and interacting. It touched me and so I recorded it. I wanted to post it for you guys to see my lil ones in motion. I hope it works. You can tell how laid back Addison is compared to Anthony.

No comments: