Monday, October 1, 2007

Does the weekend really have to be over?


What a weekend! James and I finally got our date we wound up goin to a local pub to see a favorite band of ours play. It was just a great night to go out and cut loose for a change and just be Kelly without the damands of motherhood as much as I enjoy it. The morning came much too early and was quite bright for my slightly hungover eyes. I was sure excited though to hear my mom's car in the driveway bringing my babies back to me...OK to us. Sounds like the first overnight stay was a hit and they were really good. Thank goodness! I think my dad has fallen in love with his new grandchildren. He has been doing well and takes laps around the yard everyday to get some excercise. I told mom she should get some spray paint and paint arrows making a path for him to follow complete with a TV tray of water in dixie cups. Mom said that he took his laps with Addison in his arms in the house guess she needed her excercise too. I think they are realizing that their lil girl has grown up and it is hard for them to believe that I am now a mother myself.




"Grandma Harb" talked us into goin to the zoo Sunday. James and I loaded up everyone in the car transfered the bases to the infant seats from mom's car to mine and then headed over to Steinert's where we left our car the night before. We did the responsible thing and took a cab home. Off to the zoo we were! All in all it took about 2 1/2 days to get all of the gear packed, transfered in the car and unloaded at the zoo, stroller equiped with water bottles, diaperbag and sunglasses (very important!) We took a quick lap around the zoo watching Daddy push the stroller with such pride.




After the zoo we decided that we were all hungry and decided to hit the Wendy's just down the street, a family tradition. We packed all of our stuff in the back room and set up camp knowing that 6pm was just minutes away and the screams for a bottle were about to begin. Ok try to get the visual....James and I are sitting on one side of a four top with Victoria on the other. Grandma Harb is sitting behind Victoria at the next table. The table across the aisle from us is set up to be the kitchen with bottles, a bottle of water and a can of formula waiting in the wings. The table behind James and I we have set up to be the nursery I have my changing pad, diapers, wipes, and burp cloths all laid out ready to go. Oh and don't forget the VERY IMPORTANT "binky" for Anthony once he gets done with his bottle. Anthony and Addison are just chillin in their infant seats in the aisle. We may need to start calling fast food resturants ahead of time and have them put a reserved sign on a wing of their dining area to make sure we have enough room to have a "quick meal". Let me tell you there is no such thing except for when it is MY time to eat if and when I get a chance to. Still I wouldn't change a thing!

No comments: