Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Sometimes rainy days are the best


Last weekend turned out to be really nice with the wedding and the trip to the zoo. James left yesterday morning and I am back to mommy duty. I have laundry to catch up on and baths to give. Babies are now sleeping about 5 hours before their next feeding and sometimes going 5 1/2 to 6 at night. It has made all of the difference in the world to have that extra hour.


Mom stopped by and dropped off some clothes for the babies. She has made a habit of yard saleing and thrift store shopping and found some great clothes for them and spent so little. I find it so hard to justify buying brand new clothes when they are out of them in a month. Plus you can get a stack of clothes for the price of one outfit at Babies R Us.


Mom came at the perfect time to help me feed them lunch and put them down for a nap. Victoria was due for a nap too. It worked out perfect! Mom fed Anthony and I fed Addison. When we were finished I got to actually take a shower for the first time in longer than I care to admit. I have never had a shower feel so good in my life and it was great to be clean along with the kids and not just envy them. After I was done I got to do something else that I haven't done in quite a while I TOOK A NAP! I forgot what that felt like. It was great and I woke feeling so fresh and renewed.


When Victoria woke up I decided to have some Mommy and Me time and brought her into the kitchen to help me make some treats for the party we are going to this weekend. We made white chocolate ghosts riding pretzel broomsticks wrapped in fruit roll up bristles. She really got a kick out of handing me the pretzels and eating the ones that were broken. After making the ghosts we made use of the brown bananas on the counter and made the best banana bread that I ever have.


All of the kids are now behind me , Anthony and Addison included in their bouncy seats, watching America's Next Top Model. The babies eyes are glued to the tube. Addison is yelling at the TV periodically just babbling away. Today was a great day. Company of someone over the age of 4, I got a nap, I got a shower, I got to spend time with Victoria without wanting to strangle her, and I have some wonderful treats to munch on when I wake up to feed them tonight. Life is good!

No comments: