Monday, March 31, 2008

I miss my Mamaw


This morning I had my Mamaw on my mind. She has been gone now for a few years and I decided to honor her this morning. I was trying to find something different for breakfast and I found a pack of biscuits in the fridge. I remembered how my Mamaw would fix us Grand kids doughnuts in the morning when we would spend the night. She would always give Papaw a bowl full and us kids would only get like 3. I never found that fair but now with having children it was probably her way of keeping the sugar level low in a house full of grand kids. (Papaw always did feed us spoonfuls of sugar while nobody was watching) I decided to take a try at the tradition, let's face it I was craving Krispy Kremes again. They turned out really good. Not as good as Mamaw's but at least this time I was the one with a bowl full!

No comments: