Monday, March 17, 2008

Just another manic Monday!

Well this Monday morning started off just like any other. With a list a mile long of things to do. My lovely daughters Victoria with the help of her sister Brooklyn (who helped keep the secret of the situation) overflowed the toilet this past weekend leaving the floor waterlogged out into the hallway. Out comes the Lysol!! I had to mop and alcohol down everything that I could see. I just can't win. I had just mopped and cleaned everything a few days prior to the weekend. Ah life with children.

This morning we had Physical therapy with Anthony at 10:30 and then CAPS (Children and parent support) coming at 12 to see about some possible counseling still for lil Miss drain clogger! The physical therapist was running late and didn't make it until 11:00. Victoria was informed of our busy morning and was set up with Hairspray in her room and instructions to just hang out in there for the time being so that I could visit with the ladies coming over. As always things didn't work out according to plan. She was in about every 3-5 minutes with something was of dire importance to say such as "Yesterday, in the morning, when it was dark, I was going to tell you, if I could have an apple, when I feed my baby, Tomorrow" Oh 4 is such a fun age! The therapy session hadn't come to a close yet when Victoria had informed me that she just let in the lady from CAPS....good thing it wasn't a stranger!! I could see her now "Sure come on in and have a seat you can rob my mom in a minute, when it is dark, in the morning.......Hey can you get me an apple?" I was scrambling around trying to get my barrings still from the lack of coffee running through my veins. Just a typical day around here! I wonder how I had time to work, it is just beyond me how mothers work and have a family. I commend you out there that can accomplish it! You are the true supermom!

Well we have entered a new phase of motherhood..... Teething! Miss Addison has cut her first tooth in the front on the bottom. Life has taken a new turn. She has always had a bit of a temper but all around a good baby. When she gets upset now, man she gets upset. I am going to have to save up for a deep freeze to put a lifetime supply of pacifiers for her. The seem to be the only things that helps at times. She is very particular. She freaks out at the feel of something cold on her skin. She is just not a fan of it. I tried to give her a teething ring a while back that I had put in the freezer and she had a fit. She is such a snob. It cracks me up just to watch the babies interact with each other. Anthony just loves sissy to death and just stares at her and studies her. She looks at him as just an annoyance. Someone who is just rude overbearing and invading her space. She gives him this side glance thing that cracks me up. Everyone in a while she smiles at him but mostly when someone is holding her and not him. It is kind of a "ha ha they have me and not you" smile. Oh the competitiveness begins.

No comments: