Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The most beautiful thing ever said to me

Victoria and I have had some REALLY good days here the past few days. I don't know if she just has been really good or if my meds are kicking in and I am just a lot calmer these days. We were sitting on the pull out couch tonight watching American Idol (as with every Tuesday Idol night) and out of the blue she turned to me and said "My mommy Tina made me really happy when she gave me to you" and gave me the biggest hug that I have ever received in my life. It was completely unexpected and we weren't really talking much up to that point. We were just watching Idol and she turned and said those beautiful words to me. I will never forget it. I am fighting back tears as I type. How that lil girl has blessed me. She has given me more patience than I thought I could have and tests it everyday. She has brought me so much laughter and tears. She has been my pest and been my friend when I just want to be a kid for a little bit. How a four year old little girl knows to say something like that can only be explained by saying God works through people. He uses us and other people to say what others are needing to hear. God knew that I was needing some confirmation that I am doing a good job and he delivered the message through the best snuggler in the world.

No comments: