Friday, March 28, 2008

A week in the life.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Life has been super busy in my world. On top of therapy for Anthony and working with CAPS towards a goal of finding affordable counsel for Victoria I had lots of hair to do this week. Had to make some money for the upcoming Twins sale!

I am loving doing hair at home. I honestly do. Not because the friends of mine that come over for me to do their hair read my blog, I just enjoy still being able to see them and catch up. I feel like my friends/clients that came to me for so long are my second family.

Tuesday I took a road trip to my friend Mary Beth's mom's house to do their hair. Victoria went nuts when she recognized where we were when we pulled into her neighborhood. She remembers well the room that is set up for Davis, Mary Beth's adorable son. It looks like Toy's R Us in their. She is equipped for any toy emergency. Need a book? Got it! Need a train? Got it! Need a play mat that plays music when you step on it? Got it! Along with any Little people set that you can think of! I can't see a Little people set without thinking of her. I am inspired to start my own collection.

Wednesday, Felecia came with her mom. We always end up laughing through our whole appointment. I think her mom has adopted my kiddos as her own. She was even sweet enough not to loose it when Addison threw up all over her last time that they were here. She even brought back the sweatshirt that I loaned her and nice clean and folded. Although I have to fault Felecia for not following American Idol and Big Brother this season. That used to be our thing comparing notes on what we think of the contestants. Next season if you are not watching these shows I will no longer do you hair. Just kidding!

Thursday "Miss Ashleigh" came and got her nails and hair done. Victoria loves when she comes. She is really good with her. She used to work in a daycare so she is used to the energy level of a four year old. Her hair turned out great! She modeled it after a pic of my friend Brandi (shout out!) I had shown her the pic on my computer when I was first thinking of cutting my hair. We did a highlight and her cut and when we were finished and in my bathroom drying her hair Victoria came in and said (not knowing of what we were going for) "she looks just like that girl on the computer!" I swear I didn't pay her to say that. I guess I am just that good.

Today was the last ditch to get my house clean before the troops (Makenzie, Brooklyn, and Daddy) got home. I was working hard up until they got here. We had this awesome beef veg soup that I made for dinner and had a great time hanging out. I found some worksheets on Family Fun for April Fool's Day. They had a maze that was unsolvable and a word search where no words could be found. We had the kids do these and promised them that the first person finished would get a special prize. They didn't find it amusing as James and I when we told them that it was all a joke. Let's just say it was a tough crowd.

I went to bed early tonight to get ready for the Louisville Mother's of Twins sale in Louisville. I had been saving for it all week and was ready to do some serious shopping.

No comments: