Saturday, March 29, 2008

"Sale"abration!

Oh my goodness where do I even begin?!? Mom got my house this morning at 7 so that we had plenty of time to get to Louisville to the sale after we had a breakfast of Krispy Kremes fresh from the store on Bardstown Rd. We found the sale and got in line. Being a member of the group you get to shop two hours earlier than general public.

Mom and I stood in line foaming at the mouth peering into the gym that is was set up in. It was wall to wall stuff. Organized by gender, size, and even sets of coordinating clothes. Even the shoes were in bins by size! We teased about stretching out before hand so that we didn't strain any muscles while shopping. I was in the market for a super yard for the kids and so was mom. I was nervous about if it would still be there. I had heard of a few that would be for sale but member that help with the setup got to shop the night prior. Mom and I made a plan of attack on who would go to what area to search it out.

Within 5 minutes of walking in the door I found not one but two super yards. Combined they were 60 dollars!! They are 60 in the store for one of them. We found a playpen for mom that looks like it hasn't been used for $15. We found so many clothes in perfect condition, a life jacket for Victoria looks brand new $1.75, shopping cart covers, a frog sleeping bag for Victoria to keep at Grandma Harbs house, Lamaze toys, blocks, sandals for the pool for both of them, crib sheets, and also found Carter blankets with the tags still on for $3 each! We went hog wild! I couldn't believe what we got for the money that we spent. Mom and I almost had them re-ring our stuff thinking that they undercharged us. We were two kids in the candy store! Of course we had to celebrate by eating another of the doughnuts that we bought to take home. (We honestly knew there would be some doughnuts casualties before we hit the driveway)

Mom and I enjoyed a wonderful lunch at KT's, and shopped at the Summit. It was great to just take off with mom without the kids. Daddy had to take care of all 5 of them while I was gone. I owe him one for doing this for me. He is great!

No comments: