Thursday, July 16, 2009

$50 worth of fun

Two $25 co-pay for two doctor visits today = loads of fun.....NOT! Victoria had an appointment today at the pediatrician's office to see about getting medication for Impulsive-Inattentive ADHD. We have been back in counseling, I am not sure if I had mentioned that, and have been doing some testing. Victoria has a couple of diagnoses now. Dis inhibited Reactive Attachment Disorder and now a diagnoses of this certain type of ADHD. Victoria's counselor has recommended medication to expand the time in between thought and action in Victoria. So off to the doc I go. After explaining our situation and symptoms that we are dealing with our doctor agrees that ADHD is there but probably only a part of what is going on with her. She said that she is probably going to need other psychiatric medications and is going to hold off on medication until we get a more thorough psych eval. I completely appreciate her not blaming everything that is going on, on ADHD and going further and encouraging me to do so also. I agree that Victoria has ADHD but I don't believe that is the only thing going on with her. Let's face it, in a short 5 years little Victoria has had to endure quite a bit of adult situations. So I have an appointment with a Psychiatrist at the end of August. I was hoping to get this straightened out before the start of school but as we all know our timing isn't God's timing, and I choose to not give up and trust.

After the doctor appointment I headed to the grocery store while Grandma helped watch the babies back at home. Just a quick note I hate my Walmart. They are doing a reset of the store and I can't find ANYTHING! It makes me nuts! Victoria and I also saw a man in the parking lot wearing a pirate hat in the parking lot loading what looked to be beer into a cooler. Not your everyday occurrence but you never know what you are going to get at Walmart. It is always an adventure.

When we got home Grandma had the twins down for a nap. I took advantage and took one myself for about 20 minutes. When I got Anthony out of bed I noticed that his forehead felt very warm. I had taken his temp. (it was 99.7) this morning because he felt warm. I noticed that he has a tooth that is getting ready to break through and I have heard that a fever can come with that so I wasn't to concerned. His temp after his nap was 103, ok starting to worry. I called the doc and within an hour we were back in the doctor's office waiting room.

This was a big hot flash appointment. Addison was screaming, Anthony wanted to snuggle, that made me even hotter to have his little noggin snuggling on me (even though I loved it) and Victoria was wild. By the time the doctor was in the room, Addison had a blown up rubber glove that I grabbed out of the box on the wall to play with, Anthony had a fresh cup of water and Victoria was sitting in her chair knowing that if I had to tell her to calm down again that she would lose TV time when we got home.

The doctor checked him out and what I was sure would be an ear infection, is apparently a viral infection. Not sure exactly what it is. They checked for strep and it came up negative. So instructions to give him Motrin and Tylenol every 3 hours were given and out the door we went.

It is now almost midnight, Anthony's fever finally broke and he is asleep in his bed. I am exhausted, emotional, and not able to stuff one more chocolate chip cookie in my body. Just another day in our home thank God James is suppose to be home tomorrow night. Today is day 11 of him being gone, I am about to lose it.

No comments: