Thursday, July 9, 2009

The most intense workout I have had in a while

Week two of getting to the gym. I have been horrible at working out. I tried out an aquatics class and really enjoyed it last week so I decided to go back. I loaded up the kids and headed out. Of course this entails unloading the stroller and making my way up to the door. I wait in line behind a couple that are checking out the membership packages, which always takes a while, when the girl behind the counter notices that I am waiting to get my membership card scanned and waves me around. I get my card scanned and get told that the computer screen says "ACCESS DENIED". Great!

I get moved around to the other end of the counter to someone with more knowledge on what could have happened. Victoria is bouncing off of the walls asking if she is going to go swimming and Anthony is now stomping on Addison's leg in the stroller causing her to start getting upset. The lady looks up my information and informs me that the membership was cancelled in June due to medical reasons. I stared blankly at her and explained that there was never a call or letter from me or a doc to terminate our membership. She politely informed me that it wasn't at the Floyd Co. branch it was at the Clark Co. branch and that she would give them a call to see what the problem is. I stood there with my antsy children while she placed the call. She tells me that her information is correct that a Victoria placed a call to the other branch to cancel to due medical reasons. She asked me "There IS a Victoria on your membership right?" I smile tell her "Yes" and point down to my Victoria that is reaching the counter at eye level and tell her "THIS is my Victoria and she has no medical reasons that would prevent her from being here or knows the phone number to call here.". At this point Victoria, who always seems to be in trouble over something is pleading with me "Mommy I swear I didn't call! I swear I didn't call!" I am laughing at this point and the lady behind the counter is frantically typing away trying to find out what is going on. She asks Victoria's birth date and I tell her. She starts laughing and says that in the computer Victoria, my Victoria, is listed as 80 years old and must have been mistaken for another one that cancelled her membership back in June. We are all laughing at this point. Victoria is explaining to the lady "I am 5 years old not 80. I am going to be six on my next birthday." through her laughter. I ask her "Out of curiosity how old are my twins in the system?" A few keystrokes later and she tells me that Anthony and Addison are 105! Hilarious!

I get all of my paperwork filled out for the kids in the childcare area and get everyone labeled up with their ID tags and I am off to go get ready for my class. The class is great, I am relaxing and sweating too, things are good when at about a quarter till I hear my name being called. Fifteen minutes to go left in class and they tell me that I need to come to the childcare area because Anthony fell down and landed on his plastic construction hat that he was playing with, busted his mouth open and was crying. Out of the water I go. I make my way to the locker room and throw my clothes on my dripping bathing suit. I am soaked! I grab my stuff out of the locker and head to the childcare room where Anthony is. He is hanging out doing just fine, laughing and cutting up playing with another little boy. He gives me this look as to say "Hey mom, wow class must have gotten out early. Your not suppose to be here yet. Why are you so wet and breathing heavy?". It figures, he is all cleaned up and I stand dripping on my shoes, with my ID tags in hand, to pick up my kids. I decided heck with it. I grabbed my diaper bag, my 80 year old daughter, and my 105 year old twins out of the childcare and we hit the door. I give up!

1 comment:

Jill said...

You make me laugh. You poor thing. Hey, you get an A for effort! :-)