Friday, July 3, 2009

I always feel like somebody is watching me.

This is my tribute to the late Michael Jackson. Last night I was a secret spy.........

I really enjoy living in the Pines. I have always felt safe and it has been nice and quiet. I hate to tell people that I live in a trailer park because it really doesn't have the image that one gets when they think of that term. I have great neighbors surrounding me except one. We all have "that one".

They have a young son, I would say about 14 years old. I am not sure if he works out in the middle of the night by throwing furniture around the house or if it is music that he is playing, or if there is a drum set in the house. I have been woken up numerous times with the noise. Then the friends started coming over. I believe his mom works 3rd shift, parties somewhere else or what the deal is but she is never home. James had to go outside and speak with them a couple of months ago because they had popped the screen out of his bedroom window, was crawling in and out of the window and wrestling around outside at midnight and slammed each other into our home. James and I were on our way to bed when we heard and felt the loud bang. Here we are again midnight and I am watching from my living room window the neighbor kid take the screen out our his bedroom window and there are 5 boys running around yelling and jumping in and out of the window. Greaaaaaaaaaaaat! I watched until around 1 and then headed outside with my flashlight to approach the....well...we will just say... young punk. I ended up calling the New Albany police to handle the situation apparently my words were falling on deaf ears. The cop showed up and talked to the boys for what he claims to be 20 minutes pulled his car around the corner and dealt with the tired mom with the flashlight (i.e. me). I am really ready to have some property and a little more distance between me and my neighbor. 6 feet just isn't enough. I am sure I was a sight to be seen sitting in my living room with all of the lights off watching out my window like a lunatic. Sleep deprivation can make you do crazy things.

No comments: