Thursday, July 2, 2009

Gearing up for the weekend ahead

Still so much to do. Victoria's contest is this weekend and I still haven't made my signs for our parade float. I had grand plans for a Candyland theme float using my Father-in-law's trailer that we haul his golf cart on. We have ended up with a couple of sheets of poster board and some Fourth of July cut out purchased at Horner Novelty. I still need to paint her name on them and our sponsor's name. We have decided on the back of my dad's pickup truck. Mom and I have been pondering what to have her sit down on so that she doesn't slide all around the back on the parade route. We asked James and he gave us the simple answer of "Have your Dad drive" I have to say good point. LOL.

My niece is suppose to come home today. Surgery went well and she received excellent care. I am anxious to see how well this surgery holds up. I pray that this is the last time that she is going to have to go through this. My sister did find some kind of loop hole so that they can have insurance for another month. That was very very good news. I will keep you all posted.

1 comment:

Jill said...

The Pekin 4th of July Parade-fun! I'm sure Miss Victoria will look like a *star*! :-)