Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The preciousness in my house named Anthony

Oh I can go on for hours about my boy tonight. He drove me nuts earlier today. He has now taken to wrestling with Addison when they are playing in their play area. Another new favorite game is "Let's grab whatever Sissy has and knock her in the head with it". It has been a real eventful day here as you can tell. Then nap time happened, a glorious thing in our home, and Anthony woke up first. I was trying to catch a 10 minute power nap in between loads of laundry, and I heard him call out for me on my monitor. I tip toes as quickly as I could to snatch him up out of bed before he woke the others up and took him to my bed. I wrapped him up in my favorite blanket and we watched some TV while laying on my bed together. He wasn't interested and just turned around laid his head on my chest and patted my check saying "Mommy, Mommy" in his sweet little dimpled cheeks, charming whisper voice. I was a puddle in a matter of minutes. Melt my heart.

It is now midnight, I finally got him go lay down about a half hour ago. He wouldn't let me leave the room. I finally caved in and grabbed him up out of bed and he just wrapped his strong little arms around me, nuzzled his noggin in my neck, and tapped his little fingers on my back as if I was the one that needed comforting. I have to admit, I must have been, because within 5 seconds I had tears streaming down my face and I am tearing up remembering what the felt like just minutes ago. That was one of those God moments when he took my rambunctious little man and turned him into my cuddly little Boogie Bear. How could I be so blessed?

No comments: