Saturday, July 25, 2009

Fun things about today...

-Addison was VERY 2 years old today.

-Torrential downpour during my bank/post office errand run with the kids.

-Lucy peed on our bed. Didn't discover this until I decided to put everyone to bed for a nap so that I could have some quiet time to work on my Bible study and sat right in the wet spot...looovely!

-I was told that Victoria was trying to teach another little girl in class at church how to lie.

Although I haven't had the best day/week around here something came to mind. This time last year I was on my Faces of Christ Retreat. I have spent some time tonight thinking about what I was doing a year ago tonight. This night was the cross ceremony, one of the most pivotal points in my life. The night were I truely understood God's love for me. I am so thankful for my experience that night. I am nowhere close to where I want to be with my relationship with God but I can look back a year ago and see that God has brought me out of habits, beliefs, and lies that I have told myself into peace that only he can offer. I believe I am going to crack open my notes from that weekend and recap so that I can spend a little more time with God thanking him for the journey of the year following that experience. What a ride! I am still standing.

No comments: