Saturday, August 22, 2009

Highlights of a typical day

Mom came to help us get to the grocery store, and run some errands. We hit the library, JCPenney's (for the awesome sale that they had for winter clothes for the upcoming birthdays) The hair supply store, Wendy's, and Walmart. Here are the key points to those 4 hours.

-Library was packed. We signed up the twins for the Imagination library club. Anthony fell backwards off a bench onto his head and my big toe. Anthony was screaming LOUD and I was limping outside. You know the most appropriate place to scream.

-While in the library we got to listen to story time. It was one of the cutest things that I have seen in a while. The little grandma that was doing it was singing playing guitar and telling the stories. She was great! During one song where she sang about the Farmer trying to get a turnip out of the ground (basically the farmer and the Dell) Victoria was picked to be the Turnip. Anthony and Addison got a kick out of watching everyone pull on sissy's hair trying to get the "turnip" out of the ground. After clapping Addison got up and gave the turnip a hug! Precious.

-During the song Addison got up and started shaking her stuff. She was sitting in my lap while I was sitting Indian style. She leaned over put her hands on the ground and started pumping her buttocks in air. She looked like she was in a rap video. Everyone was laughing at us including the story telling Grandma. I promise I didn't show her that move! LOL

-While Addison was doing her "move" I noticed an aroma -Explosive diaper #1

-Then off to JC Penny Addison was not having it! Anthony was tired and was trying to rest his head on her shoulder. Addison screamed until I took her out of the stroller and let her wander free. Addison Marie explosive diaper #2. Thanks Grandma for handling that so that I could continue shopping.

-Off to Wendy's....Grandma gave Anthony a chunk of chicken nugget that was straight out of the fryer. When I approached the table Anthony was trying with everything that he had to finish while shaking and eyes tearing up. I went in after the nugget with my finger which started the siren. His loud pitch building scream her reserves for when he is really good and ticked off. I swear I saw people pull over in their cars checking their rear view mirror looking for a fire truck.

-Anthony in his anger over the nugget situation pushed the tray on our table and knocked mom's drink over on her. Thank God the lid was on it. She did get wet though.

-Anthony finished his meal with a Jr. Frosty. He left with his teeth chattering. That is one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

-Leaving Wendy's Explosive diaper #3

-Walmart Mom and I part ways each with a child. While in the far corner of the store Victoria and I look at each other and we were both in agreement. "That is Addison screaming!" We took off following the sound. They were in the middle of the store about 10-15 aisles over looking for us. Well Addison wasn't but Grandma sure was. Addison was not happy and for the first time, no dirty diaper. Mom grabbed my car keys and she spent the rest of our shopping trip in my car with Mrs. Siren. We did get her calmed down. She does not like to be sitting still. The car, stroller, cart whatever she is in has to be moving for her to be happy. Don't really understand it but as soon as I started the car and we backed up she was fine.

Church followed and that went pretty much according to plan. James still isn't home. We are hoping that he will be home about midnight tonight. Lord, I hope so. I need some relief, and some snuggling.

No comments: