Thursday, August 13, 2009

She LOVES it!

I had been waiting on Grant Line Rd for quite some time when the bus arrived 20 minutes late. Anthony thought we were at a parade and started waving to the cars as they drove past. Victoria's bus stopped and Victoria didn't get off. I yelled at the bus driver that I thought that my child was still on there. He yelled back "This is High Schoolers". OK let me explain myself..when you are a country bumpkin like myself everyone that went to our school from Kindergarten to Seniors rode the bus together. There were, I believe 97 kids in my graduating class. This was such a foriegn concept to me that one age level release and then after those children were dropped off they would go to the next school. It freaked me out but after one of the parents waiting in a car said that they too were waiting for a Grant Line child, I knew Victoria wasn't wandering around somewhere alone. Shew!

The bus arrived. Victoria flew off with her bus necklace around her neck to identify her as a Kindergartener that needs a little help to find her way around. She was beaming and before she even got to me to give me the biggest hug she was asking if she could go back to school tomorrow. She told me of helping another little girl that was crying on the bus because she missed her mommy. She told me of recess, and the songs that she sung, her PB & J "pie" ( I am assuming that it was an Uncrustable) and how she got to go to music class today. She said that all of the other kids were just banging on the piano but her teacher said she was doing a really good job playing softly. She was in heaven.

I am really going to like her teacher. She sent home a letter with Victoria that went to all of the parents with a kleenex, tea bag, and cotton ball enclosed in a bag stapled to the letter. The Kleenex to dry our tears, the cotton ball to remember our child's gentle spirit (she should have sent me a jumping bean :) ) and tea to kick our feet up and relax. Such a sweet gesture.

Victoria is already planning her outfit for tomorrow.

No comments: