Monday, August 10, 2009

Last night of Bible study and Victoria's rainbow

I was so sad to see tonight end. This was our last night of our bible study on Discerning the voice of God. I have been on such a journey through this book. We have had such a good table this time around with such good nuggets of wisdom.

Our storm hit right in the middle of it. It got quite wild but ended with a little sunshine and a double rainbow. When I spotted the rainbow I flew down the hallway at church to grab Victoria. This has always been one of our things to find a rainbow after a rainstorm. Many days we would grab our flip flops and head to our corner to see if we could find one. The other day Victoria mentioned that we hadn't seen one in a long time, so that added to the excitement I had running full speed to get her.

When I arrived at her room she was jumping up and down and pointing outside to the rainbow. She had beat me to the punch and spotted it herself. On the way home she told me that God gave her that rainbow. She said that the night that she mentioned the lack of rainbows lately that she prayed to God "God you haven't given me a rainbow in a whole lot of days. Can you please give us one for all of the little children to see?"

No comments: