Monday, August 17, 2009

It hurts to talk so I will type the long version.

After coming home from Mom and Dad's house Anthony started running a fever. It peaked at 103.2 around bedtime. I doped him up on some Motrin and kept an eye on him. At 10 he woke up screaming, you know that high pitch, something is wrong scream. I ran down the hall and found him standing up wringing wet, and trembling all over his body. His fever had finally broke and he was just startled by the wet sheets. He immediately went back to bed after I nuzzled him for a bit and changed his clothes and sheet.

This morning I decided to take his temp again. He was back up to 102 so I called the doc. Got him an appointment and Grandma came down to take Addison to lunch. Doc swabbed for Strep, came back negative, and decided that it is probably Adenovirus. She also looked at my throat while I was there and said I should probably get check out too.

No meds, and a short trip to meet Grandma at the mall later I was walking around Dillard's with a corn dog I ordered for Anthony but he refused to eat. I noticed that I was getting more of the tiny little blisters on my hands like the one that I found earlier that morning. I thought that maybe I had burned it and didn't realize it. By 2pm I had about 15 on my hands, something was going on. I left mom and headed over to the Immediate Care. Had a quick, and confusing meeting with mom about what kids each of us were taking and what she was going to do because at this time Victoria was about to get out of school. I walked back into the waiting room for Immediate care and filled out paperwork to find that Norton was out of network for Anthem Insurance.

A little research later thanks to Mom being on Charlestown Rd, found an Urgent Care that indeed takes my insurance. Mom took off to grab Victoria from the bus stop for me and after a short office visit, found out that I have hand foot and mouth disease. This is basically a virus that adults typically don't catch, but lucky me I did. The doc told me that my feet were more than likely to be next to get the blisters, after seeing how my throat, and tongue have gotten the worse of it.

I head back home after a trip to Walmart to grab a box of rubber gloves, rubbing alcohol, and Lysol wipes. Mom takes off to get away from the germs and I start to disinfect my house. I had the pleasure of knocking over a full size bottle of fabric softener onto my kitchen floor that I finally got a chance to mop a day earlier. I am now on my hands and knees with my rubber gloves on wiping up my mess.

I continue my rubber glove evening trying not to get Victoria sick or Addison. They both have runny noses but I would like to just keep it at that, ya know? Anthony's fever is 104.1 at 11:00 and we are off to the ER. Thanks again to Grandma for coming back out to watch kids at home. I fully expected her to have a gas mask on when she walked back in my house.

Four hours, and many nurse girlfriends later Anthony had no more answers than we did earlier at his Pediatrician's visit. They gave him a very expensive dose of Tylenol, and I am sure that he could have left with phone numbers. For having such a high temp he was really turning on the charm with the nurses, that is until they had to take his temperature. LOL!

We arrived back home at 2:15am and was asleep before my head hit the pillow. I am now seeing the cons of Victoria being in school. 7 is going to come REALLY early.

No comments: