Thursday, August 13, 2009

Victoria's first day of school..



One last good bye to Daddy over the phone before the big day began.



Walking to the bus stop.



I had to post this one so that you could see Anthony's face. He looked like this pretty much the whole time we were standing on the main road waiting for the bus. Complete confusion.

It didn't take more than one try to get Victoria to get out of bed. First thing an early morning bath to insure that she had a fabulous hair day and backpack ready to go. I fixed cinnamon rolls and scrambled eggs, I was running ahead of schedule I was proud of myself.

I grabbed the stroller out of the truck and packed up the kids and made our way on foot to Grant Line Rd. where she was to be picked up. A couple of phone calls to Daddy and Grandma Harb and we were there, Victoria in her newest duds and Anthony, Addison and I in our pj's standing on Grant Line. Then it happened, we saw the big yellow bus coming down the road. It pulled over and Victoria started jumping. The bus doors opened and Victoria took off running. Apparently it wasn't her bus but a bus for another school that has a child in The Pines. Quite funny. Victoria was trembling at this point with excitement. I thought she was going to have a stroke by the time her bus came. The door opened and she turned for a quick kiss and then it happened, my little girl stepped on the bus, turned and waved, and I had tears streaming down my face. She looked so big, so proud, and so ready to start her life in Kindergarten. Broke my heart. I hope she has a blast!



Tears starting......



and now we are crying. Look at the face. How excited does she look?

1 comment:

Jill said...

YEA! I love your narrative about this! :-)