Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The big 13

13 years ago today, I can't believe it has been that long.  Johnathan's Birthday is today.  I have become friends with his adoptive father on good ol' Facebook.  He was sweet enough to add a photo album of pics of him.  This year he is getting  drum set to nurture his musical side.  Apparently he plays piano by ear and alto sax in the school band.  He also plays a little guitar too.  LOVE that he is musical!  He loves to snowboard, and  plays soccer.

He is called Hickory by Rich (his adoptive father) I asked him the story behind the name.  He said that he named him that because that is the Tin Man's alter ego in The Wizard of Oz and said that he has his heart.  I thought that was so sweet.  He also sent this..

each year at this time, anne and i thank you for such a special gift you gave to us -- and the gift you gave to him -- my heart is filled with joy knowing that you are both celebrating your lives knowing that the intersection of each other's present and future is made possible by the open hearted past!"





This is a pic with his brother Samuel.  Although he is also adopted he is a spitting image of his adoptive father.


Looks like he has my sense of humor!



Loves the ocean or anything to do with surfing, skim boarding or waves in general.  I am a lucky girl to have the opportunity to see how a life changing choice has developed into such a beautiful family.


Jeremiah 29:11  "For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
!  .

1 comment:

Jill said...

Kelly-What gorgeous pics. Thinking of you today!