Thursday, December 20, 2007

Car town, the glue stick, and "where are my keys?"

Today the kids and I got the special treat of lunch with Gramma Harb at Ci Ci's pizza. It is Victoria's favorite place to eat, and with the words all you can eat on the sign it tends to be one of my favorite places too. Gramma loves to see the kids and has learned the art of luring us out of the house with food. We followed up dinner with the Dollar tree two doors down so that I could get the wrapping paper that Santa called and asked for. I let Victoria pick it out and let her know that Santa ran out of paper at the North Pole and we needed to put some on the porch for him to pick up tonight. She found it very funny that Santa would run out of paper and ask for our help.

After the visit I rushed home to get naps in and finish up my Christmas ornaments to deliver. I am running out of time to get them out. I got them placed into bags and put them and the kids in the car while singing "Prosty the Snowman" (we are still working on Victoria's 'F's') Victoria is running down the list of "Do you have your wallet, diaper bag, purse,................." I turn to her as I am locking and shutting the door and let her know that I am a grown up and I don't need her to go through a play by play of what I need to have with me. I am a big girl and I can remember this stuff. Just then I reach into my pocket to grab my keys and find my pocket empty.

I open the door to the car to check my diaper bag and get serenaded by Victoria still singing at the top of her lungs Frosty the Snowman. "Down to the village with a 'glue stick' in his hand" ( I daily learn new lyrics to Christmas songs) I pull Addison out of the car and sit her on the driveway and let Victoria out of the car. I pry open the window to our living room and hoist Victoria, who is smiling ear to ear, into the window. After she is in I am telling her to get a chair and grab the keys off of the back of the door that she can't reach. Then all of a sudden it hits me. DUH just tell her to unlock the door!!!!!!!!! I grab the key and apologize to her about telling her I didn't' need her to remind me of stuff when obviously I do.

Off we head to play Santa's elves. Victoria informs me that we are going to have to hurry because we are going to have to get home before it snows. I tell her that it isn't suppose to snow and she begins to argue with me that they are making snow to put on the ground. I ask her where "they" are and how they plan to make it snow. She informs me that they make snow on "Cartown" road (known to MOST people that live in New Albany as Charlestown Rd) and they are going to put it in a "pepper cup" (known to others as a pepper shaker ) and shake it down on the ground. I cracked up. What an imagination this girl has!

We head off to our friends Travis and Marlina's house to deliver their ornaments and they gave Victoria a very cute bunny rabbit hooded towel so that she can match the babies when she takes a shower. She was beside herself. We left there to try to find where my friends David and Jill Pennington live. I googled their address and actually found my way around to their house. Nobody was home so I left their gift on the door. Victoria was very excited that not only did we drive on "Car town road" we got to visit the city of "Cartown" I bet Jill and Dave didn't know that they have been mispronouncing the city they live in all this time. I guess next time we will have to bring glue sticks.

No comments: