Tuesday, December 18, 2007

"Say hello to friends you know"

Today I got the treat of seeing an old friend of mine. Ashleigh my friend from doing nails came to visit today. It was great to see her. I did her nails for about 10 years and we have been through and gossiped about alot of things through those years. We have seen many boyfriends, births, deaths, and life changes. I have missed catching up with her every other week and really enjoyed the visit.

This started to turn my wheels about my New Years resolution for 08. Join a gym!!! She works at LAC and we talked about employment opportunities. I am starting to think that I am needing to get a job and get out of the house. I am going to have to bite the bullet and have the kids in daycare. I am not looking forward to leaving them with anyone and all of the germs that daycare can bring home. Victoria has only been sick once since we have taken her out of daycare. That says alot! Anyway I am exploring possibilities for employment if anyone reading has any suggestions let me know. I am going to have to get out of the house to maintain my sanity or it is "They are coming to take me away ha ha hee hee ho ho!"

This past week or so has been a nice time with visiting with old friends. I stopped by my friend Mary Beth's moms' house to help her with a haircut. She has been down with knee replacement surgery and I was happy to help out. God has been so good to me providing through friends that I jump at the chance to "pay it forward". They have always been so good to me I am very thankful for their friendship. I got a kick out of MB's son Davis who is up and walking around playing with Victoria showing her all of the toys at his Grandma's house. He was very proud of all of the things to play with and we got tickled at them moving his truck into the living room with the nativity scene. Little did we know they were that modern in Bethlehem.

After Ashleigh left tonight I headed back to the kitchen to finish my Christmas ornaments. They are turning out really cute. I am very proud of them. They are almost as cute as the ornament that Ashleigh brought me today for the babies first Christmas attached with a gift card to Longhorn Steakhouse and free baby sitting. Man she knows what a tired stressed out mom needs from Santa. Thank you!!!!!

No comments: