Monday, December 3, 2007

Decorations, Telemarketers and the jam packed shed.


Today was decorating day! I was a very brave sole and tackled putting up the tree and decorating the house all by myself while juggling a toddler and feeding fussy twins. The scariest part was going into the shed to get the stuff out. Let's just say things fell on me when I opened the door to the point that I felt like I was being decorated and when I was done I had to really lean into it to get the door to latch again. Can you say pack rat?!
Funny story. while I was decorating the phone rang. I looked on the caller ID and didn't recognize the number . I foolishly answered anyway. Victoria was sitting at the table eating her sandwich and talk talk talking away. "Hello is this Mrs. Craig I am calling from AT&T with a wonderful promotion blah blah blah." I told her to hold on just a second very cheerfully. I politely handed the phone to Victoria. (With a huge grin on my face might I add) Victoria excited as can be said "Hello" and proceeded to tell her she was eating a ham sandwich for lunch and even told her about her favorite her pink applesauce. She asked her if she was coming over and told her about her babies "AntonyAsson" (it all blends together when she says their names) I could hear the lady laughing and asking her to give phone back to mommy. She then proceeded to tell her that she couldn't because I was putting up the Christmas tree, lights, Santa, ornaments, and that she had her own tree in her Dora room and it was pink and that her Dora lamp that her Gramma Harb got her is beside it. After about a minute or two Victoria looked up at me from her ham sandwich and said with a blank look on her face "She hung up". That is my new plan of attack on the telemarketer.
Anyway the house looks great for my babies first Christmas. As with every year I opened storage tubs and thought " Oh I forgot about these". My favorite find this year of forgotten decorations from the year before were my Mickey and Minnie mouse stuffed animals. They are dressed as Santa and Mrs. Claus. I put them in the middle of two wreaths and put them above the cribs in the nursery. Mickey above Anthony and Minnie above Addison of course. They are in their cribs as I type staring at the lights. (Almost as much as Anthony started at his own hand today, cracked me up!) I also found a stocking from years ago that my Aunt Kathy bought me in Garden Ridge with Mickey and Minnie on it I put that on the door of the nursery. I still can't believe that they are here sometimes. I just stood in the nursery looking at them in the glow of the Christmas lights. I am amazed at how when I take a second to not be stressed about stupid things that they make me feel like I am experiencing things, like Christmas lights, for the first time all over again. I could not be more thankful.









No comments: