Monday, June 23, 2008

Mongomery Gentry




Tonight James and I got the opportunity to go to go to the Mongomery Gentry concert at Ceasers. Don't worry I gave him strict instructions to not talk to anyone on the elevator named Shaggy!!! His mom won tickets at work and handed them to us to use. We invited Melissa and Jerry to go with us. They desperately needed a night out (they have 4 children) too.






Mom and Dad came and picked up the kiddos and also brought a life time supply of formula and diapers. I have the best parents ever! Dad applied for a Target card to get an extra discount on the formula and had some coupons that I gave them too. They walked in with two cases of diapers and 14 cans of formula. I wish that I still had my storage shower to house them in. Dad says "This should last you until their birthday" How amazing is he? Mom drops the case of diapers down with a look of "This should last you a week!"






The kids are pack up in Grandma and Grandpa's car and they head off. Shortly thereafter Melissa and Jerry arrive and we head to the buffet at Ceasers. Food was great as always. Melissa and Jerry had never been to the boat so we gave them a tour. Melissa and I put about 30 dollars in the machine between the two of us and we headed out to the concert that had been postponed on a count of rain. ( I am sure that Ceasers made enough money to pay for the concert on the boat in that hour delay). The concert was great. It was outside in the parking lot and they had a really nice set up. Much better than I imagined with it being a "parking lot concert" They sounded amazing and I didn't realize how many songs of theirs that I liked. They played She don't tell me to. I love that song.






We left the concert and made friends with a REALLY drunk great grandma that took a liking to me and I couldn't get her to let go of my hand in the heard of people leaving the concert. It all started with me saying that I got a kick out of watching her dance during the show. She responded with "I was dancing???" That should of been my cue to leave. I couldn't get rid of her. I finally got her to let go of my hand so that I could cling to James's arm asking him to save me!!






We still had some energy left so we went to see Get Smart. LOVED IT! I am such a huge fan of Steve Carell. Plus it had The Rock in it. Can you go wrong? We had a ball! Great night out. My cheeks are still hurting from all of the laughter.

No comments: