Monday, June 9, 2008

My Leslie





Few people are blessed to have the friends that I have. Leslie has always been referred to by Victoria as "My Leslie". Today I awoke to a house that had been torn apart by the yard sale monster. James and I took this weekend to get into the closet and weed out the clothes that don't fit. Funny how when you come to terms with the fact that your body isn't the same size how quickly a closet empties itself down to 3 shirts and 2 pairs of pants. Oh well at least now I can look in my closet and say "Hey all of this stuff fits!" As I gaze at the place that my carpet used to be visible, my phone rang. Leslie was in the area already for our Monday date and wanted to pick up Victoria and have a day with her. She knew that I could get the work done for the day faster without distractions.

Leslie picked her up and told her that she was going to take her and Shepard, her dog, to the park and play. Victoria was beside herself. Later in the day Leslie called to check and see how I was doing and Victoria was in the background telling her not to ruin the surprise that they had. Seems the "Her Leslie" took her somewhere and I would have to see where they went when they got home.

My house was completed and looked incredible! I was so proud! I called to tell them I was done and was getting dinner ready and come on home. Shortly thereafter they came through the door with a Build-a-bear box. Leslie took her to make a bear. Victoria chose a puppy that looked like Shepard and named it Hannah Montana. It was adorned with pink bows on her ears and tail and a white skirt and a Disney princess top. Victoria was beside herself and played with it all night. She had the best day with "her Leslie". Leslie said that she was a model child and was on her best behavior all day.

We ate dinner and watched a little TV and when it was time for Victoria to go to bed she said her prayers and thanked God for her day with Leslie and her new friend Hannah Montana. Leslie and I bonded all night and cried many tears talking about how much we appreciate each other and how God has blessed us so much by bringing each other into our lives. I appreciate her more than I can express. When Leslie and I went to give the babies their night bottle I peeked into Victoria's room to check on her and make sure that she was covered up I saw that she had moved the shelves from her dresser (that I told her could be Hannah's bed) right up against her bed with her favorite blanket that she usually uses to cover herself up, over Hannah's bed. She apparently couldn't stand it anymore and grabbed Hannah out of her bed and into hers and was clutching Hannah for dear life. I took Leslie into Victoria's room and told her "You want to see how much that kid adores you?" Leslie was brought to tears.... again. I told her "She will never forget this day." It was one of the sweetest things that I have ever seen.

On a side note Miss Addison Marie has started pulling up this week. We have been waiting for it for a while now. She has taken the brunt of Anthony's developmental streak. She has been Anthony's foot stool, his coffee table and his trampoline. He is always crawling on her when she is propped up on her hands and knees. She hasn't liked this at all! We always know that when we hear her screaming her brother is on her again. Today as I was waiting for Leslie and Victoria to come home I heard bubby grunting. I looked over into the play yard to see Mr. Anthony on HIS hands and knees with sissy pulling up using him as balance. She had her hands on his back rocking back and forth. Anthony just stayed there dumbfounded. He has his empty bottle clutched between his teeth, as he carries most things around while he is crawling. He just stared at me so confused by the situation. Miss Addison on the other hand was SO proud of herself. She just rocked back and forth grinning from ear to ear. It is payback time bubby!








We

No comments: