Sunday, July 6, 2008

Time to come clean

Today is our 2nd Anniversary. Some of you might be scratching your head thinking....I remember going to their wedding in September (if you remember). Well James and I actually got married two years ago today in a very Redneck Wedding.


We had been engaged for about a year when my neck had again stopped working. I found out that I had herniated disks and that surgery was something that might be in my near future. I freaked out and after a doctor had suggested an MRI insurance became an issue. James and I looked at each other and called his HR at work. If we were to get married I would be immediately covered on his policy..........LIGHT BULB! We called the court house and made an appointment for the following morning to get married. I was unable to get out of bed by myself that morning and James had to dress me. Sweat pants, flip flops and a worn out T-shirt was going to have to do. I pulled my hair back in a ponytail (you know you need to wear your hair up if you are going to get married) and off we went to the court house just the two of us.

I thought that it would be really impersonal and non emotional. We used the secretaries there to be our witnesses. The judge was a sweetheart. She even asked for pictures of our church wedding that we had in the works. I hobbled out of the courthouse and we drove to Moby Dick on State Street for lunch. James had already promised to help his Uncle Frank to move so after a Chiropractor visit he dropped me off at home and put a bag of frozen peas on my neck to rest. Not quite exactly the romantic Cinderella story that little girls dream of for their wedding day, but It did end in a "Happily Ever After".




This was my "official" wedding dress for the day. Brides always wonder if their Groom will like their dress, I know that mine did he picked it out. :)

Our picture that we took in our driveway. Our wedding photographer was the rail on our stairs and the timer on the camera. I tease James and tell him I get all misty eyed when he wears his "Fear Me for I have the power to destroy you" T-shirt. "Oh honey that is your wedding outfit!!"

James had a beautiful Orchid delivered to me today. It was so sweet of him to remember that is one of my favorite flowers. It greeted me at the door when I got home from the gym today. I bought him the rifle that he has had his eyes on. I put it in the back of my car and told him to grab the diaper bag out of the car when I got home. He was surprised. I was excited to get him something that he wouldn't expect. I know not exactly the "normal" wedding anniversary gifts but we are not the "normal" couple and I like it that way.
I love you James and I would do it all over again. You are the love of my life and I thank God everyday that he brought a man into my life that is so loving, compasionate, understanding, honest, tender, and a wonderful father to my children. You are amazing and you still have the ability to steal my heart on a daily basis. Happy Anniversary honey!


No comments: