Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Anticipation

Last night was the first night for the Beth Moore Esther study at church. Leslie and I decided to do it together on our Monday night girls night. I was really excited about it and didn't quite know what to expect. This will be my first time taking a Beth Moore study. I have heard great things about them but heard the there was alot of homework. The video lasted about an hour and it took me a few minutes to get focused. Once I was able to get completely tuned into what she was saying I found myself really liking her. By the end of the night I had a lump in my throat. I could just feel God tugging at me, preparing me for something, not yet knowing what that something was. I explained to Leslie that I felt like I was climbing the first hill of a roller coaster. You know that feeling of excitement, anticipation and knowing that what you are about to experience is going to be scary and you are going to be disoriented and confused about which way you are going for a while. That is exactly how I felt. I have learned that with each step of growing closer to God that the Devil chases after me harder. I have a strong feeling that God has something in store for me during and after this study. Something is going to be revealed to me and I am not sure what that is going to entale. I have a feeling that I am going to be out of my comfort zone for a while and I am going to learn alot. It is exciting and scary but I am going to ride the ride out. He has never let me down.

No comments: