Friday, January 9, 2009

In an effort to procrastinate a little longer

Tonight is Kamp Kidstuff!! I am so jazzed. Kidstuff at church has been preparing for this for quite some time. This is our time of year that the Large group (where I puppeteer) gets a dose of steroids and goes big time. I have a cleverly hidden Hannah Montana overnight bag in my closet, with a Hannah Montana sleeping bag, that I got a week ago for his event. I found a very cheap pop tent at Meijer this past week and all I need to do now is get everything packed up and in the back of the car.

Jodi, Leslie's sister, graciously offered to watch the twins while we are gone. I am busy (OK I should be busy) making sure that everything is ready for her arrival. So many piddly things to do to get ready.

Tonight I am suppose to be a group counselor. We have 80 kids signed up and they are all bringing a parent too. Sounds like we are having a nice turn out. Our theme this year is Ready to Serve! We are having all of the kids bring a can fruit or soup to give to the food pantry and all of our activities are centered around serving God, family, community, church, and friends. We are going to have the whole lobby filled up with the inflatable jumping rooms (what do you call those things anyway). We will separate into groups and go to different areas to do different activities. We will do a craft, have a snack, work in the food pantry, worship, and have a game to play too. After we have "toothbrush and tinkle time" we will settle down for a movie on the big screen in hopes of makeing the children sleepy. We will be camping in our old sanctuary. From what I understand some people go all out bringing fake fire wood and all. I can't wait! I think I am more excited than Victoria. Victoria isn't going to know what hit her when we get there. She is going to lose her mind. I am bringing my camera to take pictures to post tomorrow!

No comments: