Saturday, January 10, 2009

Sleepless in the Centrum.

Well we survived it! I spent the night at church. I had a great time. We had over 80 kids signed up and alot of them brought friends that had never been to our church before. It was great! I am exhausted but it was worth it. It was nice to have a date with Victoria. I really appreciate the time to focus just on her.


Victoria with Miss Frizzy. She is Farmer Sissy and Miss Sissy's teacher.



Victoria with Miss Sissy. She lives on Memory Lane and is Farmer Sissy's cousin. She also leads large group on the weekends. It just depends on what set we are working with that week.



Victoria with Farmer Sissy. She helps lead the Large group experience at Church. I have been roped into this role for the next coming weeks. I no longer get to hide behind the set and play with puppets. I have to admit I am excited about being able to see the kids faces during Large Group.



This was by far the kids favorite area at Kamp. They had an inflatable slide and trampoline in the lobby. I tried to sneak out and play on them myself while everyone was asleep but they had locked the door to get into them. Shucks!



"Serving your neighbors" We made a wind sock craft with a paper plate and ribbon. The kids then talked about who they could give their craft to.



Ah the green backpack. When the kids arrived they got their very own Ready to Serve backpack. After the kids completed an act of service they received a pin to place on their backpack. All of us adults teased that the kids were getting flair.



In "Serving God" we did a little worship and dancing. Miss Sissy helped out and handed the kids instruments. The rule was after the song was over you had to sit criss cross applesauce and drop the instrument in front of you and throw your hands up in the air.



In "Serving our Community" we worked in the food pantry. All of our kids that participated in Kamp Kidstuff donated can goods to our pantry that serves over 50 families a week. We marked the date on top of cans that had been donated and decorated them with Jesus loves you stickers. The little lady that was running this activity was cracking up because our group put so many stickers on the cans that nobody could tell what was inside of the can.




In this portion of our activities we talked about different things that God would like for us to do to help serve our friends. One little girl when asked what God would want us to do exclaimed "Don't bite them!"


This was Victoria's favorite part of the evening. She really got excited when she saw everyone setting up their tent. I guess she thought I was joking when I said that we were spending the night. It looked like a regular camp ground.




It didn't take long after setting up the 5X6 tent to see that a 5X6 tent wouldn't work for both of us. Luckily my friend Crissy had an extra inflatable mattress and I ended up sleeping right outside of "Victoria's tent". By morning I was sleeping on the floor anyway on a deflated air mattress. Guess it had a leak. LOL.

No comments: