Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Kicking the habit

I am trying to help Addison break her paci addiction. She is very loyal to her paci and I already see the evidence in her two front teeth. We tease her and call her hippo teeth (I know it is mean but she just has a very gappy grin). I decided after almost two weeks of procrastination (my resolution for Addison) to go for it tonight and try to put her to bed without her trusted friend. She isn't taking it too well. She screamed for about 20 minutes and then silence. She has now, 30 minutes later, woken up to find that she still doesn't have her paci, and again isn't happy at all. She seems to do well through the course of a day. When she is busy she doesn't seem to need it. Sometimes I see her just walking around with it hanging in her mouth while she isn't the least bit upset about anything. That tells me that she doesn't "need" it.

Since Daddy has left a week ago yesterday I haven't had a cigarette and I have survived, which means that I don't "need" it either. We are going to have to get through this together...oh wait she stopped crying, nope spoke too soon. If she continues to keep screaming I might have to take up the paci myself to keep me from smoking. LOL

No comments: