Tuesday, January 20, 2009

"Put me to bed or the pizza is gonna to get it!"


This morning, bright and early at 8, I had the babies evaluation for First Steps. I have had some concerns about Anthnoy and Addison's speach. They haven't been using any "true words". Addison will give me a hi, bye, thaayuuuu, da da, and don't. Anthnoy just a Da and cop. Our pediatrician says that they should have 5-10 true words and to have them checked out. Addison doesn't seem to need any help but Anthony is in need of some therapy. We are concerned not only with his speach but also his fine motor, and eating issues. His attention span is soo short and he gets very frustrated when he can't figure something out. They told me that it wasn't anything to be too concerned about, it is only developmental, not anything else. I started to get nervous when they were talking about sensory issues with him still bringing everything immediately to his mouth. They concluded that he will probably need a speach, occupational, and developmental therapist. They gave me some recommendations on who to go with and who to stay clear of.

After the 3 1/2 hours of evaluation for both kids, Victoria coming back from her overnight stay at Grandma and Grandpa's, and starting my routine early this morning I was beat by 11 o'clock. My sister called, she and my niece were in town and wanted to stop by. It was a nice visit and took my focus off of my sleepiness for a while. The past few times they have been in town they have been sick and weren't able to come over and play so it was nice to sit and visit. The babies put on quite a show for them, and Addison fixed everyone's hair.

The babies woke up around 7 (usually they get out of bed around 9ish) and after the long time it took to get evaluated, company, and lunch, the babies hadn't had their full morning nap. Grandma came back by after working and offered to help us go to the grocery store. I had to take her up on it. Addison gave Grandma the evil look when she was again woken up after about 10 minutes of beauty rest, and Anthnoy still on the tail end of the sinus infection wasn't at all happy either.

So we are at about 5pm, about 15 minutes of broken nap, and we are heading to the grocery store. We hit Aldis first. In aisle 2 Anthony had reached his limit of patience. He was trying to stand up in the seat of the cart and scream at the top of his lungs, red faced, and giving a full 5-10 second scream before taking another breath. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. The next stop was Wal-mart. This wasn't much better. It started out well then took a turn for the worse when we hit the lunch meat. The screaming started and then Anthony started taking hostages, while standing up strapped into the cart. He started throwing a Totino's pizza out onto the floor like a frisbee. This happened several times. I was at a loss, I hadn't had to deal with this yet in a store. Not to this degree. I was asking for it. The poor guy was still sick, been poked and prodded, and had no nap for the day. I have had many trips to the grocery store where I was able to shop with ease and had no trouble with the babies, I guess I was due. I wonder if there are any toppings left on my poor party pizza.

No comments: