Thursday, January 1, 2009

Well how did I do??

After checking my blog for last years New Years resolutions I feel like I did well. the diet part I completely ignored but for the most part I feel like I have made an honest attempt to do better in the areas that I wanted to. So I look back on the year and give myself a pat on the back.
Yesterday I got to do something I don't do alot and I took off with mom alone to go to the gym. We were really excited that Grandpa offered to watch the kiddo so that we could go. We drove up to the YMCA and noticed that they were closed, we didn't seem to mind and headed out to go into some milk-free stores. We ended up strolling around Goodwill because they were the only place open, along with Hobby Lobby. We had a great time and I finshed off the experience with a Yule Flip Chip Blizzard at Dairy Queen.
The New Year Celebration didn't go as I had hoped. James and I started decorating the house during naptime. We did a nice job, I must say, with our 6 dollars in party supplies. Victoria reached her limit of warnings at about 10:30 and had to go to bed. I stayed up with James snoring at my feet while the countdown happened. Wasn't exactly what I had in mind but it doesn't change the end results. 2009 is here there is no stopping it. 08 was good to us. The babies turned a year old, we purchased a semi at the end of the year, I have gotten more involved at my church and I am really enjoying it, and Victoria and I have come a long way as mother and daughter.
09 makes me nervous. James and I taking our step as owner/operator is nerve wrecking. Lots and lots of paperwork and changes come with that. Victoria starts school this year, we are excited about that actually, so is she. Victoria's mother got out of jail on Christmas eve and I am not really sure how to handle that. It definately is putting an interesting twist on our lives. Victoria is excited about it but seems to be bothered by it at the same time. Victoria hasn't seen Tina yet and we are trying to figure out a way to do that supervised (by us) and make sure that it is healthy for Victoria. She has been really clingy since learning that Tina is out. She has been asking alot of quetions about it and talking alot about when she lived with her. She has talked to her on the phone a couple of times and hasn't really asked to see her. Not really sure where to dgo from here. One thing I know is God is good and he will be present in 09 too. It will be a good year full of opportunity for growth, improvement, and changes. Maybe a new home? We will see. Hope everyone had a safe New years eve and has a great new year.

No comments: