Sunday, February 27, 2011

Bye bye Kirbie



Today we are having a going away open house for Kirbie at Church.  She has been there for 4 years and will greatly be missed.  She is going to work with her father at his business. She has helped raise my children and given me so many opportunities to get a break such as Christmas Eve this past year when I showed up to volunteer for a room and found that the only kids there were my own children.  I wanted to make something for her as she was always complimenting me on my creativity.   So I found this online and used it as my inspiration...
I grabbed a piece of pressed wood from my sister's basement and went to work.  I first painted the blue background and taped off a cross..


 After creating the forefront of this piece I slowly pealed away the tape to reveal the cross.  TA-DA!
Not too shabby huh?  Now to add the detail around the cross and a quick coat of Mod Podge.  :)
These other pics didn't turn out too well to show the depth of the blue like is shows in the pic one up.  Lighting was a bit darker.

Hope she likes it! 

1 comment:

Jill said...

I love it! Love your new blog look, too! :)