Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sleep it off kid

The kids seem to be doing better today. Not perfectly healthy but much better.  The twins are like me and when they don't feel good they just want to sleep.  I scooped up the kids to take Victoria to the bus stop. Poor thing she coughed all night but insisted that she wanted to go to school today.  Her fever is gone and the doc said that the cough would hang on for quite some time.  Anthony and Addison were not fans of waking up.  I went ahead and gave them their dose of medicine and asked them what they wanted for dinner.  Anthony insisted on pancakes.  I put Anthony's pancake on the plate cut it up with my pizza cutter and the pancake kept its circle shape except for one corner piece that had moved about an inch away from the rest of the pancake.  He threw a fit.  Anthony doesn't like things to be out of place unless it was his idea.  I tried to fix it but he was already ticked and threw his head down on the table to cry.  Problem is that when he threw his head down he was so upset that he misjudged how close the table was and knocked the crap out of his nose in the process.  Addison is at my feet pulling on my shirt asking for her juice and my eye is on Anthony making sure he doesn't have a bleeding nose.  Poor kid!  He ended up eating two bites of his pancake and heading back to bed.  I am the same way when I am sick.  Leave me alone and let me sleep it off.

They are now back to bed and asleep and I have used the time to catch up on some of my DVR and now I am going to get some laundry done while the house is still and quiet.

I need to get some Valentine ideas together for the kids. Any ideas?  Makenzie's sweet 16 is this Friday and James birthday is the Sunday.  I am in a bit of a scramble for ideas. 

No comments: