Friday, February 4, 2011

Winter Jam

What a fun day.  My sister invited me to go with her and the kids to Winter Jam at Freedom Hall.  I had never been and was very excited at the opportunity to go.  Mom swung by and picked up the twins and I began to get ready. Victoria had no clue what was going on but knew that we were having a date night.  We hopped in the shower and got ready and I ended up telling her that we were about to go to her first concert.  She was so excited!

We started off the night with a little McDonalds.  We even made it an official date and went IN the store.  That is huge for us.  She was a nervous wreck.  Shaking with excitement.  She couldn't even get the lid on the cup.  I told her "Honey you need to calm down and breathe.  If you think you are nervous now on a date with your mom wait till you grow up and are on a date with a boy. "  We enjoyed our dollar chicken sandwich and met up with Punkin, Ariel, Tyler and Kirstie.

The place was packed.  Over 13,000 were there!  We arrived when the band Red was playing.  Flames were shooting off of the stage and Victoria's eyes about popped out of her head.  I wish we could have caught a little more of their set.  I really liked them.  Other bands were David Crowder (who always put on a good show), Kutless, and Newsboys among others.  The newsboys drummer is someone I want to hang out with.  He is from Australia and was so much fun to watch during the whole show but when his drum set raised up on a platform and then tilted to 90 degrees and begun to spin I was up out of my chair with my jaw hanging on the floor.  What a show!

Victoria's favorite was Francesca Battistelli.  She loves her song Free to be me. 

Our night ended with what every concert night should end with Taco Bell!  Victoria couldn't believe that we were eating so late and ordered two tacos and we ate them in the living room watching late night TV. What a date we had!

No comments: