Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day and the "big reveal" :)

I am still not completely finished with the second one but you get the idea of where I am going with it.  I believe it needs some more color and that the lettering is a bit too generic but with some more inspiration I am sure it will come out nice.  Here is #1.

I love the lyrics to the David Crowder song He loves us and so it inspired my art this time around. 

On #2 I wanted a more subdued feel and something that had deeper color than the above piece.  I started off with a thick layer of paint and then took a skewer and scrapped some design into the paint revealing the underneath color.  It looks really cool.  After I completed that I added some detail in a lighter blue on the left side and some more in the corners.  After painting the lettering (try not to notice the obvious spacing mix up of the word ocean) and then headed outside to fling some watered down white on top to give it a little more pop.  I am not settled on this font and yet I can't really paint over it.  Any color options that I should add.  I am open to suggestions.  This will be going on the wall in the living room and those walls will eventually be painted a golden buttery yellow.  Again open for suggestions.


Now to share a pic of our Valentine trip to the zoo.  Fun as always!  Check out that look on Addison's face.  I know as a mother I should say "Oh poor baby" but when you this seems to be Addison's normal expression.  Terrible twos my butt it is 3 you have to watch out for.  What a handful but I love her more than I can say.  Happy Valentines day honey.  We miss you.  Have a safe trip out to Cali.

This pic makes me smile.  Both of the twins fell asleep laying on sissy and she helplessly sat squished inbetween them on the way home.

No comments: