Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Todays workout

Stiff backed I woke up this morning to find a 2 hour delay for school.  I had slept on the twins floor as Anthony was up to 102.1 last night with his fever.  Addison not far behind.  I had made an appointment for Anthony today and ended up taking all three with me as Victoria started to get her fever. 

The doc appointment was interesting.  We got as many things done as we could while there.  Doc checked out the twins and Victoria to see what the problem was and source of the fever and after WWE wrestling match  getting a swab to check for the flu we determined that it was just a viral infection.  Victoria had an appointment for her med check for her ADHD medicine so we squeezed that in as well along with the booster for the flu vaccine.  By the end of it I was a dripping mess as I had wrestled children in the room for over 2 hours.  There is only so many things I could shove in my bag of tricks to entertain them.  They did fairly well considering but it was mostly due to me taking the roll of cruise director and circus clown to entertain them.  They had their 3 year well check not too long ago and the memory of the shots were much to fresh for them.  I had to hold Anthony down to get his booster as he can't take the mist with his history of breathing problems.

After we left I headed over to Walmart to get provisions.  Benadryl was recommended for the cough and of course some Tylenol for the fever.  We headed to McDonalds for some happy meals and then home with our Redbox movies for entertainment.  I got everyone snuggled in on sick island (in the living room rug this time) and popped the first movie in.  We were all tired but the kids were excited at all of us "camping" in the living room and it was a bit of a struggle to get them to lay down.  I got the movie put in and got my blanket just right as I laid down on the couch myself and the movie began.  It was subtitled!  I couldn't hold back the laughter as all three kids looked back at me lost as the characters were speaking Japanese.  The movie was called Jump and it is about a young girl that wants to be a dancer.  I thought Victoria would like it but didn't realize that she wouldnt' be able to read fast enough to keep up with it.  What a day!

Oh I forgot to mention that when I got home the Tylenol that I purchased had leaked all over the bag?  Lovely.

We are all still in the living room and I am watching You Again for the second time. Such a funny movie!  Go rent it you will be sure to laugh.

1 comment:

Jill said...

You poor thing.I wanted to tell you I was in the middle of teaching reading group this morning when I got your text. I was literally laughing our loud. Of course, my kiddoes asked, "who sent you a joke, Mrs. P?!" If they only knew. :)