Sunday, February 20, 2011

Falling in love with my man

Absolutely incredible!  Can I just spend a second to tell you how full my cup is?  A weekend of go with the flow and see what happens with nobody else but my husband.  I met up with him at the hotel and a quick change of clothes we were off to Koto Japanese bistro  We ate at the hibachi table and met some new friends.  Super cool couple and we ended up leaving the restaurant with them and headed out for a night cap.  We went to a little hole in the wall bar with some of the best people watching around for a drink and then retired early to our room.  :)  The morning happened without anyone asking me for anything other than a hug and to not rush.  Casual shower with unlimited hot water (I could have stood in their for hours!) and a little Mark Walburg on the TV.  My husband was so incredible and the lack of a schedule was so exhilarating that the both of us almost needed a few hours to catch our breath to truly enjoy it.  We are always so rushed and at every one's mercy for our time that the concept of just relaxing and getting ready without rushing was so blissful.  Cracker Barrel for breakfast and a little thrifting at a local flea market by the hotel began our morning and then we was off to the theatre to see the movie Unknown.  Decent flick but you can wait to rent it on Redbox.  The drive home was super lonely but it was nice to sing as loud as I want without little voices from the back seat demanding me to stop.  When I got home my phone rang, it was James.  "I just wanted to call and tell you that I love you again.  I believe I accomplished my mission this weekend."  I smiled and asked "What was you mission?" 

"To make sure you know how happy I am that you are my wife."  My heart melted.  Oh I love that man!  When he gets a chance to he really knows how to make a girl feel special.  Who would have known that Richmond Ky was the city of romance.

2 comments:

Jill, Kevin, Mary, and Teresa said...

It is so awesome you got to enjoy a fun filled, relxing time together. Always much needed.

Jill said...

So happy for you two! :)