Thursday, February 17, 2011

Surprises ahead

Today I am getting stuff ready for a surprise picnic in the park with the kids to celebrate (late) Makenzie's 16th birthday.  I have my homemade chicken salad in the fridge (her favorite) and am going to make some brownies too.  Can't wait to be outside and enjoy this weather. Hope it doesn't get too windy. 

On another surprise note.  James called yesterday and needed me to look up a desiel shop out in Arizona.  He blew a hose in the truck and a stupid 60 hose ended up costing about 500 in labor due to the location of the hose.  Ugh!  Oh well what can you do?  James told me that he was blaming it on me because he was trying to surprise me.  My ears perked right up.  He told me that he is going to drive as hard as he can to try to make up time but wouldn't tell me anything else about it other than "If I make it home in time you will be going on a trip to 'nowhere' and that is all I am going to tell you so don't ask anymore questions."  I am so curious!  Wonder what it would be.   He did say that he had a load from Ky to somwhere in Ohio.  I wonder if he has a sitter and I am going to go on a run with him in the truck.  I LOVE going with him on the road.  Wish I could do it more.  I will keep ya posted and will be sure to bring my camera along.  Any little surprise is exciting to me.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I hope he does surprise you like that. Telll Mack I said Happy Birthday. Hope you guys had fun celebrating! :)